Mr McKenna is a Consultant Spinal Surgeon. He consults at The London Spine Clinic in Harley Street and at Circle Hospital in Reading.
He qualified at Guy’s Hospital, London and rotated through hospitals in London during his Basic Surgical Training.
His clinical practice includes all aspects of Spinal Surgery including cervical and lumbar degenerative conditions, tumour, trauma and scoliosis.
His special interest is in anterior and lateral surgery of the lumbar spine, using minimally invasive surgical techniques to promote early recovery. He also performs motion preserving surgery (total disc arthroplasty) of the cervical and lumbar spine.
Specialties, clinical interests, sub-specialties
- Neurosurgery and spinal surgery
- Anterior Lumbar Fusion
- Lateral Lumbar Fusion (XLIF)
- Total Disc Replacement
- Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Adult Degenerative Lumbar
- Adult Degenerative Cervical
Current memberships of professional, national and regional bodies
- British Orthopaedic Association
- British Association of Spinal Surgeons
- Society of Lateral Access Surgeons
- North American Spine Society
He was awarded the Spine Society of Europe Clinical Award 2005, an international prize for clinical research.
He has two children and enjoys sailing and riding his Ducati motorbike in his free time.
Languages: English and Spanish