A Neuroradiologist performs advanced imaging techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, head and neck, including stroke and cerebral aneurysms. An expert witness in this area will opine on the key medico legal issues arising in cases for clinical negligence and personal injury which include paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging, ENT and head and neck cancer MDTs.
A Neuroradiologist’s work involves specialist techniques such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Computed topography (CT) scans
- Interventional radiology services, such as angiograms
As well as playing an important role in diagnosis, neuroradiologists work closely with colleagues in neurosurgery to provide highly accurate imaging techniques to ensure precision in the operating theatre.
About our expert
Dr Hogarth is a Consultant Diagnostic Neuroradiologist at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, where he is the lead radiologist for neuroimaging. His practice includes adult and paediatric neuroradiology. As a Neuroradiologist he is able to provide a medico legal opinion on paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging.Dr Hogarth is a full time consultant and regularly reports upwards of 6000 examinations per year.
Dr Hogarth developed an interest in medico-legal work and he regularly provides medico-legal expert reports mainly for Family Courts as well as clinical negligence and personal injury cases. He has also provided reports for forensic services. As part of his continued professional development, Kieran regularly attends international conferences to ensure that he is up-to-date with innovation and developments in radiology
- Outcomes after foot and ankle injuries and their medicolegal implications Ankle injuries are extremely frequent: sprains account for around 5% of all Emergency Department visits…31 Jan 2023
- A medicolegal perspective on dental implants and bone grafting For patients with missing teeth, dental implants offer an effective replacement, and the results of…26 Jan 2023
- The management of nerve injuries in children A major nerve injury can be devastating for the patient and full functional capability may…05 Jan 2023
- Assessing The Causality Of Osteoarthritis Following A Hip Fracture Osteoarthritis (OA), also known as age-related arthritis or degenerative joint disease, is the commonest form…21 Nov 2022