Neuroradiology performs advanced imaging techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, head and neck, including stroke and cerebral aneurysms. This involves specialist techniques such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Computed topography (CT) scans
- Interventional radiology services, such as angiograms
As well as playing an important role in diagnosis, neuroradiologists work closely with colleagues in neurosurgery to provide highly accurate imaging techniques to ensure precision in the operating theatre.
An expert witness in this area will opine on the key medicolegal issues arising in cases for clinical negligence and personal injury which include paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging, ENT and head and neck cancer MDTs.
About our expert
Dr Hogarth is a Consultant Diagnostic Neuroradiologist at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, where he is the lead radiologist for neuroimaging. His practice includes adult and paediatric neuroradiology. He is able to provide expert opinion on paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging.Dr Hogarth is a full time consultant and regularly reports upwards of 6000 examinations per year.
Dr Hogarth developed an interest in medico-legal work and he regularly provides medico-legal expert reports mainly for Family Courts as well as clinical negligence and personal injury cases. He has also provided reports for forensic services. As part of his continued professional development, Kieran regularly attends international conferences to ensure that he is up-to-date with innovation and developments in radiology
- Case Study: Compartment Syndrome Mr Ash Vasireddy, Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, discusses the case of a fracture that leads…08 Jul 2020READ MORE
- Now booking face-to-face medical consultations Medicolegal Partners’ medical experts are able to perform face-to-face medical consultations with claimants from the…02 Jul 2020READ MORE
- The Medicolegal Challenges of Assessing Patients with Dental, Cranial or Facial Conditions In line with most fields of medicine, litigation involving oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS) is…02 Jul 2020READ MORE
- Dr Ramos-Galvez resumes face-to-face consultations Following government guidelines, we are pleased to announce that Dr Ivan Ramos-Galvez is once again…26 Jun 2020READ MORE