A Neuroradiologist performs advanced imaging techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, head and neck, including stroke and cerebral aneurysms. An expert witness in this area will opine on the key medico legal issues arising in cases for clinical negligence and personal injury which include paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging, ENT and head and neck cancer MDTs.
A Neuroradiologist’s work involves specialist techniques such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Computed topography (CT) scans
- Interventional radiology services, such as angiograms
As well as playing an important role in diagnosis, neuroradiologists work closely with colleagues in neurosurgery to provide highly accurate imaging techniques to ensure precision in the operating theatre.
About our expert
Dr Hogarth is a Consultant Diagnostic Neuroradiologist at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, where he is the lead radiologist for neuroimaging. His practice includes adult and paediatric neuroradiology. As a Neuroradiologist he is able to provide a medico legal opinion on paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging.Dr Hogarth is a full time consultant and regularly reports upwards of 6000 examinations per year.
Dr Hogarth developed an interest in medico-legal work and he regularly provides medico-legal expert reports mainly for Family Courts as well as clinical negligence and personal injury cases. He has also provided reports for forensic services. As part of his continued professional development, Kieran regularly attends international conferences to ensure that he is up-to-date with innovation and developments in radiology
- The Role of Neuroimaging in Neonatal Brain Injuries due to Hypoxic-Ischaemic Encephalopathy Brain injuries arising from hypoxic-ischaemic encephalopathy (HIE) can be devastating and are one of the…19 Oct 2021READ MORE
- Pelvic Mesh Implants: Issues at a Physical and Psychological Level In this second article related to pelvic mesh implants, Dr Ivan Ramos-Galvez, discusses the physical…27 Sep 2021READ MORE
- Latest treatment options for chronic pain Chronic pain is associated with decreased function and also affects the patient’s emotional wellbeing and…15 Sep 2021READ MORE
- The medicolegal challenges of pelvic mesh usage In this article, the first in our series of two on pelvic mesh and its…31 Aug 2021READ MORE