Neuroradiology performs advanced imaging techniques for the diagnosis and treatment of neurological conditions of the brain, spinal cord, head and neck, including stroke and cerebral aneurysms. This involves specialist techniques such as:
- Magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans
- Computed topography (CT) scans
- Interventional radiology services, such as angiograms
As well as playing an important role in diagnosis, neuroradiologists work closely with colleagues in neurosurgery to provide highly accurate imaging techniques to ensure precision in the operating theatre.
An expert witness in this area will opine on the key medicolegal issues arising in cases for clinical negligence and personal injury which include paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging, ENT and head and neck cancer MDTs.
About our expert
Dr Hogarth is a Consultant Diagnostic Neuroradiologist at the Royal Berkshire Hospital, where he is the lead radiologist for neuroimaging. His practice includes adult and paediatric neuroradiology. He is able to provide expert opinion on paediatric neuroimaging and adult brain and spine imaging, craniofacial and orbital imaging.Dr Hogarth is a full time consultant and regularly reports upwards of 6000 examinations per year.
Dr Hogarth developed an interest in medico-legal work and he regularly provides medico-legal expert reports mainly for Family Courts as well as clinical negligence and personal injury cases. He has also provided reports for forensic services. As part of his continued professional development, Kieran regularly attends international conferences to ensure that he is up-to-date with innovation and developments in radiology
- Defending a medical negligence claim - complimentary webinar - 12 November at 2.30pm Dr Chris Jenner, Consultant in Pain Medicine and expert witness provides defence and claimant medicolegal…23 Sep 2020READ MORE
- The Prevention and Management of Oral Complications of Cancer Treatment Unfortunately, oral complications are a common side-effect of cancer treatment. Virtually all patients receiving radiation…10 Sep 2020READ MORE
- Autumn pain clinics - Bristol added to list of locations Our popular pain clinics will be back in Leeds and Birmingham in October this year,…02 Sep 2020READ MORE
- Detailed Evidence Gathering for the Solicitor and the Expert in Medicolegal Reports In the majority of medicolegal cases, the outcome is dependent on the opinions expressed in…26 Aug 2020READ MORE