Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS or OMS) is specialised surgery of the face, mouth, neck and jaw. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons require a dual qualification in medicine and dentistry. In the UK it is recognised as a specialty of medicine and a degree in both medicine and dentistry are compulsory.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck including:
- Cancer including all surgery to head and neck, misdiagnosis, delay to diagnosis, treatment & skin cancer
- Surgical reconstruction including cosmetic surgery/deformity to face and neck
- Trauma surgery to head and neck including jaw joints
- Dental conditions and claims involving oral surgery
- Facial fractures and facial pain
About our expert in Oral and Maxillofacial / Head and Neck Surgery
Mr Zaid Sadiq, is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial/Head and Neck Surgeon at the Queen Victoria Hospital prior to which he worked for many years at other leading hospitals including University College London Hospital and Great Ormond Street.
He has a keen interest in cancer, reconstructive surgery and tissue engineering, as well as providing a spectrum of oral and maxillofacial practice and can accept both adult and paediatric medico legal instructions in a range of specialist areas for either claimant or defendant.
Mr Sadiq is qualified in both medicine and dentistry. He completed higher surgical training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the London KSS region. He completed a Head and Neck reconstruction fellowship in Edinburgh and is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is an honorary lecturer at University College London.
- The Medicolegal Implications of Failure to Diagnose and Delayed Diagnosis of Head and Neck Cancer Head and neck cancers (HNC) are relatively uncommon, accounting for less than 5% of all…28 Jul 2020READ MORE
- Expressing and owning an opinion In medicolegal cases, it is rare for the legal teams involved to have sufficient specialist…16 Jul 2020READ MORE
- Case Study: Compartment Syndrome Mr Ash Vasireddy, Consultant Orthopaedic Trauma Surgeon, discusses the case of a fracture that leads…08 Jul 2020READ MORE
- Now booking face-to-face medical consultations Medicolegal Partners’ medical experts are able to perform face-to-face medical consultations with claimants from the…02 Jul 2020READ MORE