Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Oral and maxillofacial surgery (OMFS or OMS) is specialised surgery of the face, mouth, neck and jaw. Oral and Maxillofacial surgeons require a dual qualification in medicine and dentistry. In the UK it is recognised as a specialty of medicine and a degree in both medicine and dentistry are compulsory.
Oral and Maxillofacial surgery focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of diseases affecting the mouth, jaws, face and neck including:
- Cancer including all surgery to head and neck, misdiagnosis, delay to diagnosis, treatment & skin cancer
- Surgical reconstruction including cosmetic surgery/deformity to face and neck
- Trauma surgery to head and neck including jaw joints
- Dental conditions and claims involving oral surgery
- Facial fractures and facial pain
About our expert in Oral and Maxillofacial / Head and Neck Surgery
Mr Zaid Sadiq, is a Consultant Oral and Maxillofacial/Head and Neck Surgeon at the Queen Victoria Hospital prior to which he worked for many years at other leading hospitals including University College London Hospital and Great Ormond Street.
He has a keen interest in cancer, reconstructive surgery and tissue engineering, as well as providing a spectrum of oral and maxillofacial practice and can accept both adult and paediatric medico legal instructions in a range of specialist areas for either claimant or defendant.
Mr Sadiq is qualified in both medicine and dentistry. He completed higher surgical training in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery in the London KSS region. He completed a Head and Neck reconstruction fellowship in Edinburgh and is accredited by the Royal College of Surgeons of England. He is an honorary lecturer at University College London.
- When and How Errors Occur in Neuroradiology Neuroradiology is a subspecialty of radiology that uses imaging techniques, such as x-rays and computed…21 Oct 2020READ MORE
- Dealing with scarring as part of plastic surgery medicolegal claims Scarring is an entirely normal physiological process evolved over billions of years to heal wounds,…12 Oct 2020READ MORE
- The Medicolegal Challenges of Myocardial Infarction A myocardial infarction (MI), also known as a heart attack, occurs when the blood supply…06 Oct 2020READ MORE
- Defending a medical negligence claim - complimentary webinar - 12 November at 2.30pm Dr Chris Jenner, Consultant in Pain Medicine and expert witness provides defence and claimant medicolegal…23 Sep 2020READ MORE