WEBINAR: Defending a claim in pain cases
Join us at 10.30 on 8th August for an informative webinar focused on defending pain claims. In this webinar Dr Ivan Ramos-Galvez will share his experience as a Pain Consultant and expert witness working for defendants and claimants on complex clinical negligence and personal injury cases. He will share his analytical and impartial approach to completing a full and detailed review of a claimant’s medical history in conjunction with the timeline of events. He will also outline the key elements of a well-written report and the value that can add to your defence strategy.
Since pain is so subjective and its causes are many, varied and often inter-connected with psychological and other factors, the strongest case for defending a claim of medical negligence or personal injury requires robust foundations based on a clear and well-reasoned report from a skilled pain expert who can use their experience to analyse all aspects of the case.
In this webinar Dr Ramos-Galvez will cover:
- The importance of complete and contemporaneous medical notes
- How he builds up the big picture of a case, using his clinical experience to identify anomalies or inconsistencies
- The medicolegal challenges of chronic pain
You’ll leave with:
- An overview of the key challenges defending medico legal pain claims
- An understanding of what the medical expert is looking for when reviewing the claimant’s condition